Saturday, March 8, 2008

Same paper...different looks

I was playing around with some new cards today when I found some cute flowered paper that I had tucked into my selection of green cardstock just because I loved the 2 together. I'm not sure how long I've had this paper, but long enough that I forgot where it was! And, it just goes to show how often I get to the back of the pack of green paper that I have. (Hmmm, does that mean that I have too much?!)
I wanted to show you here today what I ended up doing with this paper. The first card I made was a simple design...flowered paper on green cardstock, and then I added a "Happy Birthday" whick made it look like the card was for a younger girl.
Then I brought out the inks. Distressing the edges of the flowered paper and the cardstock really made a difference in what the card looked like! There was no way that I wanted to use the same stamp for Happy Birthday, it just didn't fit in any more!
For the third card I inked the entire flowered paper and it turned out looking like it was tea dyed! Then I inked the edges. Now, the flowered paper had changed so much, the green cardstock was out of the question. So black it is. I inked the black cardstock also. I love how each one of these turned out! So much fun!

No comments: