Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fancy fancy!

I was looking at this paper the other day, and an idea popped in my head. I have to stitch that one! And right in this spot!

Now, I do not sew. Hate it, and at the same time, wish I had the skills! So there is no sewing machine in our house! There are times that I really wish that I had one for different looks on the cards that I make, even for a few scrapbook pages. But for this one, it was just a matter of getting out the needle and thread.

Now, I used to do a lot of crosstitching so I have quite a collection of thread. When you crosstitch, you get your threads, wind them up on a tiny piece of cardboard and put them in order by number. Since I have quit crosstitching, I put the threads in a much different order...by color. As a scrapper, it's much easier that way!

It was fun seeing this card turn out! I really do like the way it looks, it just takes more time. So enjoy! It might be awhile before I make another! Some Mother just might be very happy to get this card!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful. I love the retro colors...maybe you want to link the photo to your etsy listing so it's easier for us potential buyers to find it!