Monday, March 31, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
Here are the rules:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
(Word of warning: this just could be really hard for me...hopefully it's not too boring!)
1. I used to have braces as a kid, but you wouldn't know it by looking at me. I am seriously close to getting them put back on. If only they wouldn't cost so much.
2. When I moved to Iowa I said I would never marry a farmer. I'm married to a farmer.
3. I am a somewhat slobby person. I have a hard time keeping my bedroom neat, but I love a clean house! Once I get my mind set to it, I can get it done, but my bedroom is always last! (And I wonder where my kids get this from?!)
4. My favorite smell is the smell of fresh cut grass. (I even have a candle that smells like that!) I also love to mow the lawn, unfortunately, you just can't seem to get the full effect of the smell when you are the one mowing!
5. I am a shy person. When I was little I was one of those kids who would hide behind my mom when someone said anything to me. Of course, I am much better than that now, but I can still "talk" better to people via email!
6. I love to shop! Not such a weird fact, but a fact nonetheless! The problem is I never seem to have the "right" clothes for my life. Better go shopping again!
7. I love chocolate. A lot. That's why I may never, ever buy oreos. ;)
I am tagging these 7 people. I love to read their blogs, and so I think it might be interesting what they have to say! ;)
Phew! That was hard work! Hope they will all be ok with the fun! ;)
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Here is my latest card. I listed it yesterday in my shop, but so far it hasn't gotten a lot of views. Wondering if it's my "wonderful" photography that's doing it?! Maybe I should retake the photos? This one I labeled "anniversary," but I think it could be easily used as a birthday card too. I really like the yellow and blue, with a touch of green in there!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
And, since I have company, there are no new cards or any new pictures to post today. I actually made a new one...baby boy card, but I didn't have any time to take any decent photos.
Looking forward to getting back to normal- thanks for waiting! ;)
Thursday, March 20, 2008
It's super amazing the difference, isn't it? Wow! Look for a brighter, better shop in the weeks to come! (Remember the company? :) Thank you Christy!
And since she had the guts to tell me about my problem, I am posting her link again in this blog...check her out- please! Her work is great!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
I used some of the new paper that I just bought. And again, it seemed to turn out in the way most of my cards do...geared toward younger girls. (Well, I guess not super young, I was thinking that I would send it to someone I know who is going to be 15. But the word "young" takes on new meaning when I just keep getting older! ;) Just like clothing, the girl stuff is always cuter, there is more of it, and I am drawn to it!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
Saturday, March 8, 2008
If I happen to get one later, I will add it!
Yay!! Finally. Now for whatever reason (grrr.) I cannot get it uploaded to Flickr!! Oh well, it's almost done now anyway!
For the third card I inked the entire flowered paper and it turned out looking like it was tea dyed! Then I inked the edges. Now, the flowered paper had changed so much, the green cardstock was out of the question. So black it is. I inked the black cardstock also. I love how each one of these turned out! So much fun!
Friday, March 7, 2008
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Well, after asking a bunch of questions, and even finding another Etsy seller that was also going to get into the same deal, talking it over with my hubby, I decided to give it a whirl!
The store name is Mocomarket, and it's in Madison, WI. The owner, Megan Ramey, is going to be on TV talking about her new idea for the store next week. She is devoting part of the store to Etsy sellers. Just another way the word will get out about Etsy! This afternoon I am going to send them 10 cards. I am pretty excited about the deal as of right now! I will keep you posted on how things work out for me!
Also, I wanted to tell you about my favorite customer! christydekoning...find her here at Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5541697 ...bought a few cards from me, gave me raving reviews, helped me out with various other things, has now decided to write my shop name and URL on the back of the cards she bought before sending them out to her friends and family! She does gorgous watercolor paintings...so check out her shop! She is a truely wonderful person.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
"Could THIS be the Secret to Etsy Success?
I've notice that most of the top sellers on etsy have many, many items listed in their shops - typically around 100 - and many up around 200 to 300+ items. (even those that aren't selling supplies)
...could it be that simply listing around 100+ items is the secret to etsy success?"
And then, JaredKS says,
"I too have had more sales after having a lot of options, but I think it might be the many sales resulting in lots of listings, rather than the other way around."
Either way, I think it is worth a try. Now 100 items in my shop seems a little daunting to me at the moment, but I see the wisdom in listing a lot...the views have to come up! And I am not thinking that I have to have exactly 100 items in my shop...just filling it up a little more. I used to be somewhat afraid that the last pages won't be seen, and that is still a possibility.
I have to add what subu said here also...
"I do believe that a fully stocked store looks better and shows to me that this is more of a business than a hobby..."
Look for more items in my shop starting today! ;) And. in case you want to read this thread for yourself, here is the link:
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Monday, March 3, 2008
And while you are browsing Etsy...please take a look at my shop! ;)