Saturday, July 26, 2008

New Avi & the Couch Situation

I decided to change my avatar on Etsy. I made a card the other day with the same little bird that was in my old avatar, so I updated! Take a look at the card that I used:

I have a question for you all- would you sacrifice comfort for style? We were looking at some couches the other day. I'm kindof thinking leather, so that's where we started. The thing is, I love the look of the big nail heads on the front of the couch. Then there was this other set that I sat in and actually said, "Oohhhh." It was so comfy! There isn't a nail head in sight.


Now, here is a fact that you have to know first- when we got married we bought a couch and love seat for very cheap at a furniture store auction. The store was going out of business, and was selling all their inventory. Here is the deal: We still have that set! And we have been married for 15 years! It is a good set because it has taken quite a bit of abuse over the years. It's just plain u-g-l-y. ;) So, as you can probably figure out, we will be having the new set for years and years...! Ach! What would you do?

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Hi - thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

I go for comfort - afterall - a sofa is bought to be sat in and relaxed in right?!?! - but you should be able to find an attractive style too - there are so many things out there now!

Damselle Jewelry said...

I would probably go with the nailheads as long as it wasn't actually *uncomfortable* but I may have my priorities in the wrong place. Then again... if the other one is more comfy but isn't actually *ugly*... just less cute.. then maybe go with that one.

twiddlestix said...

Hmmm...you both sound like what I am doing in my head! 'I should go with this one...no, wait, this one!' ;) I am leaning towards waiting for a completly different set! Thanks for stopping by!