Monday, July 14, 2008

Musings

It's quiet here and I should be in bed, but yet here I sit. Every time I think about writing during the day, the computer is busy, or there are some other rather important things that should be done at the time. A mother is never bored! And a mother's work is never done.

I love to play in the dirt and grow flowers, and with that comes the weeds. Since we were gone this past week, the weeds decided to choke out the flowers! Besides that, we had this mysterious smell in our basement that we couldn't figure out. I did get the sleeping bags washed, and all of the towels, the whites are washed, but I have to admit that they are still in the dryer. Waiting. I do not look forward to folding them.

The smell thing is figured out. It seems as though we must have gotten too much rain lately, and in our storage room in the basement (which has a cement floor) there is some water. The thing is, we didn't see it at first because there is an old piece of carpet laying in there. That was the stench. Now for cleaning that out and dying up the place again...dehumidifier running 24/7.

As for Etsy...well, that has taken a back seat in the last few days. I feel as if I don't have enough time to run it well, although I did list another card today. I am hoping to "muddle" for a couple more weeks, and then take it over again with zeal. I love Etsy, and I love selling my cards there, and so there is no way I am giving that up! ;) I also love summer, and there are so many things that come along with that.

I will have to share with you my newest feedback! I am very excited for my Mom, who sold the second Doll sweater, and this customer loves it! Here is what she wrote:

Fantastic! Thanks so much. I have NEVER seen a better quality doll sweater. Julie doll is loving it.

Isn't that just the nicest feedback?! It just made my day...even though the praise isn't even for me! Thanks mom! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're putting more in here than just your cards (: I love your cards, but it's great to get to know you a bit better!

Congrats to your mom! Doll stuff is really popular now!