Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wedding Month

It's coming...sooner than you think! Isn't June the month that there are lots of weddings?! That's when I got married anyway. When I was thinking of that I decided that maybe I should make a few wedding cards for my shop. I started with this one, and I think it turned out pretty elegant. It's the paper that really does it.

I am having so much fun usuing up my supplies! It used to be, back in the not to distant past, that I would hoard my scrapbooking supplies. I didn't want to use certain papers because I wanted to use it for something "special." Or I didn't want to use certain brads, or ribbon, or flowers, or...and the list goes on, just in case I might want to use it sometime and then it would be gone! A while back, I threw that concept out the window. Use it!! Use it up! That's my new motto when it comes to scrapbook supplies. I've gotten burned with a few (I say "few" because I really don't want to admit to myself just how many) papers that I bought, wanted to save, then later really didn't like them enough to use any more.

This card is an example of hoarding. The rub on words that I used I bought to do my wedding album that I have in my "someday" file. I got married 14 years ago. Now, don't laugh too hard...I wasn't into scrapbooking that long ago, but I dare bet that I bought these rub on words over 2 years ago and they have been sitting in my drawer waiting for that perfect project. I really cannot tell you how happy I am that I used some of them up!

No comments: