Monday, January 28, 2008

Altered tins


My new favorite thing to do is altering tins! I made a few for my Etsy shop, but most have been custom orders. The one in the picture was a custom order, (which at the time of the photo was not quite finished, but almost!) and now I have 3 more to make!


I think my favorite thing about them is the way they turn out. I love how the mod podge makes the paper look shiny. The ribbons or flowers, or both (!) look fabulous! Check them out in my Etsy shop and see what you think.


They can be used for so much. I have a baby one that is round, someone commented to me that it would be a fun travel case for a baby- pipe, burp rag...and other numerous items that a baby needs! The lunch box tins are great for recipes or cards, although, there are many other uses for them.


Coming soon in my shop will be tins to use for cards, with tabbed inserts all finished for you. I cannot wait to get started on them! I have had one sell so far that was for recipes. Hoping for many more!

No comments: